Co:Metis – Frank la Rue – Podcast Episode 4
“The Internet is a public square, where we all meet, exchange views, and communicate.” Frank la Rue
For this english episode of our podcast, we provide you with a telephone interview with Frank la Rue, UN-Special Rapporteur of the right to freedom of opinion and expression. Matthias C. Kettemann, thematic lead of your initiative on human rights and the Internet (which concluded earlier this year), spoke with him about the developments of the digital ecosystem and its implications for Human Rights, about the future of freedom of opinion and expression in the digital age and the emerging prospects of Internet governance.
Download this Episode: mp3 | ogg
- Interview with Frank La Rue (full transcript)
- Frank la Rue Wikipedia / Wikipedia DE
- Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- One Laptop per child
- Internet Governance Wikipedia / Wikipedia DE
- WSIS (World Summit on the Information Society)
- IGF (Internet Governance Forum)
- The fifth Co:Lab initiative on Human Rights and the Internet
- Co:Lab Ohu Global Internet Governance
- Co:Lab Publication „Internet Policy Making“
Intro music: Crookram – A Man Named Ivan, Creative Commons CC-BY-ND.