Co:Metis – Rebecca MacKinnon – Podcast Episode 1
For this first episode we provide a compilation of excerpts from a discussion evening with Rebecca MacKinnon.
- What does “metis” stand for? Wikipedia / Wikipedia DE
- Rebecca MacKinnon Wikipedia
- Rebecca MacKinnon’s book “The Consent of the Networked” describes the worldwide struggle for Internet freedom.
- The Global Network Initiative is a collaboratory approach to protect and advance freedom of expression and privacy in the ICT sector.
- Multistakeholder bodies like ICANN organize domain names and other important internet governance decisions.
- Lawrence Lessig explores in his book “Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace” the ways in which code in both senses can be instruments for social control, leading to his dictum that „Code is law.“
- The fifth Co:Lab initiative on Human Rights and the Internet.
Intro music: Crookram – A Man Named Ivan, Creative Commons CC-BY-ND.